Esoteric Made Exoteric, Part 1: Anastasia Demystifies Occult Symbolism & Mythologies

Semiramis Tammuz Mary 2

Foreword

I want to provide attribution to the people I can recall as being important to my understanding of the following work. There are undoubtedly many contributors to my knowledge whose names or roles I have not known or noted. My influences are as follows: Jordan Peterson, using his “maps of meaning” approach to understanding mythologies from through psychological analysis; Zachary K. Hubbard, YouTube gematria adept and author; Robert Sepehr, YouTube anthropologist and author; Manly P. Hall, the great esoteric teacher and author.

Introduction

I began reading The Ringing Cedars series in early November 2021 and, as I write, am halfway through the final book, Anasta. Throughout much of the series, Anastasia makes statements which are to be found highly relevant—if not revelatory—to initiates of esoteric and occult knowledge. My purpose is show how some of Anastasia’s statement’s reveal that—according to me—the chief concern of occult mysticism has always been exhibited in plain sight. The great trinitarian symbol advertises the nature and cycle of eternal life.

In my process, I realized that Anastasia’s statements about child creation reveal much about the conditions she presents for immortality to be achieved. The way that I present that conjecture is an attempt of intuitive approach. I try to leave it to you to see what I see—elements of thriving that undergird the pattern of immortality—recursive life. I’ve had some trouble articulating that last point, and perhaps we will discuss it.

My own interest in the esoteric realms, for about four years, has been to familiarize myself with truths—both of self-discovery, as well as discovery of the deeper motivations of people I sometimes refer to as the powers-that-shouldn’t-be. This exploration has led me to closer to myself and to the world I want to create. I hope you find it stimulating.

What follows is NOT structured as a linear essay; it is much closer to a train of thoughts. I think it will be better received if accepted as the latter, as opposed to a scholarly work.

I lost a lot of formatting and hyperlinks when I copied here from Word. It’ll have to do.

Anastasia’s ‘Immortality Formula’ represented by the ‘Holy Trinity’

From The New Civilization (8.1) (Woodsworth), page 223, Anastasia speaks of the conditions for eternal life:

“God created Man immortal. To witness this, only three conditions are required to be observed:
First: create a living Space which will attract Man to itself and to which Man has aspired.
Second: there should be, somewhere on the Earth, someone who thinks of you with kindness and love.
Third: never even admit the thought that you can be overtaken by death. . . But even if an elderly man (in Earth years) wears out his body and is lying at death’s door, but does not think about death, but pictures of his life in the living Space he has been creating, he will be born anew—such is the law of the Universe. The Universe will not stand by and allow a life-creating thought to die.”

Let us “take notes” with emphasis: 1) a living Space which will attract Man and to which Man has aspired; 2) at least one person who loves a Man; 3) “pictures of his life in the living Space he has been creating,” in order to be born anew.

Please dwell on these phrases and the bolded words. Take a moment to invite your symbolic knowledge into your thought.

Now, let us add and combine another chain of ideas which, I assert, can help to explain the above three conditions.

In Rites of Love (8.2) (Woodsworth), Chapter 14, Anastasia and Vladimir share a conversation about conception, gestation, and birth. The ideas I want to include are contained within pages 164-169. (To grasp the full context, one might wish to (re)read pages 159-170.) I use images of the original text to simplify my process. The hand-written numbers invoke the points enumerated above.

164 8.2

167 8.2

168 8.2

3 “The law of the Universe” that Anastasia invokes in condition three: conservation of energy.

Lasting Imagery

Next, let us begin to map Anastasia’s explanations onto mythological representations. The three conditions for immortality can be seen in the characters (or archetypes) below, and in the relationships between them.

trinity

Osiris is the creator (1) of the Egyptian state (space). Once his physical body is killed and is dismembered, it is said that the spirit of Osiris remains in the land (1, 3) (It is worth noting that the state falls into disarray at this time). Isis, wife of Osiris (2), finds Osiris’ phallus and impregnates herself with it, conceiving Horus, a falcon. Horus revivifies the Egyptian state, a feat accomplished, in part, by giving one of his own eyes—his vision, his pictures (3)—to his dead father, Osiris, as he brings Osiris back to life on Earth (3).

There is quite a bit of unwrapping that could be done in relating all these ideas. Frankly, I’m not sure that I want to type it. And, in Anastasia fashion, perhaps it would be better left for discussion among readers.

Jordan Peterson here explains this central Egyptian myth as a pre-philosophical, psychologically-borne drama representation of the heroic, how leaders should act. (If you are having trouble following my connections thus far, I think the video will help.) I have long considered Peterson’s insight as probable; it makes sense that, at some point in time, humans would have lacked explicit understanding of their values. However, the account brought forth in Co-creation (Ringing Cedars 4), of imagery and the Egyptian priests, sheds different light on the possible formation of such a myth.

Anastasia’s account of her ancestor and the Egyptian priests (Co-creation) is suggestive of an explicit understanding of metaphysics AND values having been encoded into these myth and symbols that have lasted… forever.

Perhaps the understanding of human immortality was uniformly understood throughout that Egyptian populace, and the surviving myth, as we call it, was once a contemporary image story which, told and retold, reinforced the daily living of ancient Egyptians.

And what a story it is! The way to immortality is to live in a way that is eternally true and useful, constantly breathing new vision into old tradition (spirit)!

Consider the Egyptian myth as a variation of the Babylonian myth of Nimrod and Semiramis and their son, Tammuz, who becomes the husband of Semiramis. The connection between pagan mythologies and Anastasia’s stated formula come into clearer view—the Son is the reincarnation of the Father (embodiment of Anastasia’s third condition). In this way, the Babylonian myth is not a story of sexual perversion, but a symbolic blueprint for Man’s highest aspiration.

Let us turn, for a moment, to examining the mystery of immortality itself before further inquiry about its occultation.

Is each of the three conditions for immortality is part of the other?

When does Man achieve immortality? My contemplations during this writing process led me away from answering “at the point of a successful exit.” (Not to diminish the exit.) Examining the father-spirit conversation in Rites of Love through a sort of filter of immortality conditions, I was confronted with something like a wormhole. Bear with me (more).

It might surprise my readers to see the several instances where I annotated text as pertaining to point three, the condition which might be read as pertaining to the hour of death.

“Third: never even admit the thought that you can be overtaken by death. . . But even if an elderly man (in Earth years) wears out his body and is lying at death’s door, but does not think about death, but pictures of his life in the living Space he has been creating, he will be born anew—such is the law of the Universe. The Universe will not stand by and allow a life-creating thought to die.”

I emphasized everything else about this condition. If we view only the underlined portion above, then this condition is about projection of life, as opposed to not admitting death. I find this appropriate, because life is not merely the avoidance of death. Where do you find weight?

Now, about that wormhole I mentioned…

169 8.2

What I think I discovered through page 169 is that Man manifests his rebirth at the point of giving spiritual birth to his children. But is that birth truly localized in time, to conception and gestation?

There is more to this than the cycle of reincarnation. We give birth to ourselves each day through vision, through dreaming.

People sometimes ask, ‘How’s life treating you?’ It’s a good opportunity to recall and respond, “I treat life.”

‘We need to take our rest, but no matter how much night presses at our back, the day always comes back.’
‘Will it be the same day, or a new day?’ asked Eve.
‘The day will return in whatever form you conceive.’
‘And who is it subject to—each day?’
‘To me.’
-Co-creation, p.34

Man rebirths himself every day. Our quest for eternity is complete when we live it every day.

The process of ‘shaping a child’s spiritual and intellectual self,’ according to Anastasia, is largely accomplished by way of thoughts, feelings, and visualizations of the parents.

165 8.2

Rites of Love, p. 165

To birth, a father breathes spirit into his child. This “breathing” can be accomplished through either intention or neglect, but either way provides the prevailing vision for the child’s life. That’s not all. The child contains all the multitudes of his generations. The child can access the best of all visions by tapping into his vast DNA. Jordan Peterson explains this relative to “rescuing your father from the belly of the whale.” (first five minutes)

To be reborn, one maintains visualizations “of his life in the living Space he has been creating.” (8.2, p. 224) Though we are told that such visualizations must be held through the moment of bodily death, this is really a constant activity. Or, at least, it needs to be constant.

science galaxy torus from dream

Through imagery, we project forward and then pull ourselves through this thing we call time. The imagery we conjure determines our path.

We will return to that thought at a later point in this series. For now, it leads us back to the center of “the trinity of immortality” and de-occulting symbolism.

The Father in the Divine Trinity is the Son. Order gives birth to itself through visual projection of what might and ought to be. Light makes light, born through the darkness of night—the feminine principle.

A Loving Mother Nature

Semiramis Tammuz Mary 1

“Second: there should be, somewhere on the Earth, someone who thinks of you with kindness and love.”

Up to this point, I have barely anchored the second condition to the Holy Spirit, or Divine Feminine archetype.

Mother-Beloved

Let us begin our exploration with the meaning of the name Mary. I found the Abarim Publications etymology most intriguing.

Like other typical Levite names, the name Miriam is probably Egyptian of origin, derived from a word that means Beloved. But a Hebrew audience, particularly one that didn’t speak ancient Egyptian, the name Miriam/Mary would have seemed obviously akin the verb מרה (mara) meaning to be rebellious or disobedient, or the related verb מרר (marar), meaning to be bitter or strong

Further:

The verb מרר (marar) means to be strong or bitter and can be used to describe tastes and smells, and hard or difficult situations.

Difficult situations, such as the decay of an empire, or conceiving outside marriage and then running from a king? Bitter and rebellious relate to Isis’ status as Queen of the Underworld. Also, out of the chaos of the Egyptian state, Isis forms Horus.

My choice to begin with Mary is because it is the name of both Jesus’ mother and his… closest female companion. The Biblical Mary Magdalene touches the disobedient etymology; the occult Mary Magdalene, if you will, meets beloved. Mother Mary and Beloved Mary both stand at the foot of Jesus’ crucifixion, where Jesus proclaims them mother and daughter(!). The Mary-to-Mary relationship reaffirms the Mother-wife relationship to the Father-Son, and connects the Christian story more firmly to preceding mythologies.

What is my purpose in attempting to strengthen the connections? To show that the pattern of the priests’ misleading images is alive today, rather than having paused with the last “pagan” iteration. The Roman Catholic Church took the over the mantle of the Divine Trinity.

The Remember-er

The Mother or Goddess is the ‘one on Earth who thinks of you with kindness and love.’ It might be easy to over-emphasize the role of one’s romantic partner as a concrete example in this role. After all, I am saying that this person is represented by the wife of Gods. However, for very practical reasons, it would aid one’s immortality to be loved by more than just a spouse.

We might say that this ‘one who thinks of you’ is to “remember” you. Remember is an interesting word; we often think of its meaning as ‘to recall,’ as the opposite of “forget.” Amid this exploration, it’s a startling word as the opposite of “dismember”—the plight of Osiris at the hands of Set.

What does Isis do? Forgive me—she finds (or crafts) Osiris’ “member” and impregnates herself with it. Ringing Cedars readers would be intrigued to later find Isis doing something… perhaps rather mundane, for a goddess.

download

To what lengths has the sculptor gone—to present to us a breast-feeding goddess? Is it merely to show the mother-son relationship?

Or is Isis doing as Anastasia says, passing down a great sum of knowledge to her child and, in the process, helping her husband Osiris to remember?

Finally, I find further affirmation of the Goddess as representing Anastasia’s second condition through the plain association of the feminine… standing for the constancy and grace of Nature, as well as a mother’s unconditional love.

Concluding – What is powerful imagery?

My initial notes:

1) a living Space which will attract Man and to which Man has aspired

2) at least one person who loves a Man

3) “pictures of his life in the living Space he has been creating,” in order to be born anew.

We examined mainly one myth, but I’m going to summarize with broader consideration.

The great mythologies contain a central god who created a kingdom, a domain.

The great mythologies contain at least one goddess-wife who bears a child with the absent central god.

The great mythologies involve a son, often who is seen as both separate and the same as the father god. Such sons are (often) born of a desire to redeem, recreate, and perfect the dwelling space (kingdom).

As we embark on a journey of exploring and understanding the science of imagery, it’s important to remember that we are surrounded by images, broadcasts. All the myriad arts and advertisements are imagery.

Jordan Peterson’s works—his “maps of meaning”—are among the most useful ways of accessing mythology, both ancient and contemporary. Without Peterson’s method, I don’t know that I would have been able to approach this topic in the way that I have. I was prepared to make the deeper connections here.

Great artists convey important ideas through drama, both consciously—encoding philosophic ideas that they understand, as well as subconsciously—through themes, leitmotifs, behaviors, colors, and even scenery that stand for more than the artist recognized. The subconscious phenomenon might be more easily confronted through the lens of instrumental music—composers know what feeling they are trying to convey; listeners enjoy music without knowing the composer’s intent.

We tend to think of receiving music through the ears, but its appeal cannot often be explained by our hearing capacity. Deep appreciation comes from resonance. Where does resonance occur? In the heart organ.

We’re aware that specific sound frequencies can induce different brainwave states. Pure visual imagery can also induce—

It was precisely at the above point in my writing that I resumed listening to a lecture on brainwave states. The speaker said, “The symbol is evoking an alpha heart response.” In the lead-up to that moment, my thoughts were leading in the same direction. I hoped to form a decent hypothesis to share with you about the mechanics, but it’s enough for me, for now, to accept that it is true. Symbols induce alpha heart response, leading to alpha brainwave state. What do we do, once in alpha state?

Alpha is a sensual state. We feel. Our senses fill our cognition. If called upon to speak while in alpha, we’re more likely to sound silly.

Symbols are like hyper-speed downloads of information. That recognition goes hand in hand with Anastasia’s statements about accelerated thought essentially consisting of images. And that recalls the stories of the Atlanteans—the people who are said to have destroyed themselves by casting nasty imagery into each other’s minds.

I need to wrap this.

The most powerful imageries are on either ends of the life-affirming to death-affirming spectrum.

The most powerful life-affirming imagery is one that communicates multiple levels of information and does so in a recursive pattern, like Russian nesting dolls. Each detail or level of analysis leads to the next, each one revealing ‘This is how to live, because its yours to do so.’

What might this look like? A lot like the Egyptian mythology.

I look forward to discussion. I don’t consider the matter comprehensively treated.

Until next time,

Cary

Recommended3 recommendationsPublished in Uncategorized

Related Articles

Responses

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Wow. I have not read the entirety of this but a great deal, and it makes me very happy to see these thoughts. Look at us humans, look at our thoughts universe, the re-awakening is here. I feel the resonant soul of a philosopher in you, and I look forward to our conversations around a fire some day!

2. Hi Cary, your post is very intriguing. I would love to give it a thorough read sometime soon! Thank you for taking the time to put this exploration together for yourself and others!

3. Cary, this is brilliant!! I’m going to share this with some friends. Thank you so much for taking the time to put your thoughts in writing for us!

4. Amazing work! This reminds me of some of my gnostic teachings but at a much deeper level than most get it. It certainly by passes by far the Masonic teachings on men conserving energy and for what purpose. There is sooo much to this.

5. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! After 10+ yrs of spiritual truth seeking, this is probably some of the most beautiful information i have ever come across. The most beautiful thing is how all of Anastasia’s info goes hand in hand with all of the true truth that i have learned from the lack of a better word, “heretics” of our history. Much Love Cary, -Cody