off grid water well purification

Aloha and Hello! We are just beginning to co-create our personal kins domain in the Ozarks! We have lived off grid before, but have not had a well for our water usage before now... Our well was drilled recently and we installed a solar pump yesterday... We have been told that we need to put a gallon of bleach down our well to disinfect it from the drilling process. I do not want to put bleach into our water and onto our land! Plus I imagine that there must be so many beneficial biological micro-organisms that are working hard to keep our well and water safe, and I do not want to kill them all with bleach! Any suggestions or guidance from y'all would be so welcome! Do you have a well? How have you 'treated' it? Is it Ok if we just pump a bunch of water out of our well initially to clear it of any contaminants from drilling without disinfecting it? Are there any alternatives to bleach that you are aware of? We plan to use a Berkey gravity filtration system for our drinking water, which we used before with a rainwater catchment system and loved! Thank you! Many blessings!

Re: off grid water well purification

CatLightfoot wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:18 pm Aloha and Hello! We are just beginning to co-create our personal kins domain in the Ozarks! We have lived off grid before, but have not had a well for our water usage before now... Our well was drilled recently and we installed a solar pump yesterday... We have been told that we need to put a gallon of bleach down our well to disinfect it from the drilling process. I do not want to put bleach into our water and onto our land! Plus I imagine that there must be so many beneficial biological micro-organisms that are working hard to keep our well and water safe, and I do not want to kill them all with bleach! Any suggestions or guidance from y'all would be so welcome! Do you have a well? How have you 'treated' it? Is it Ok if we just pump a bunch of water out of our well initially to clear it of any contaminants from drilling without disinfecting it? Are there any alternatives to bleach that you are aware of? We plan to use a Berkey gravity filtration system for our drinking water, which we used before with a rainwater catchment system and loved! Thank you! Many blessings!
Greetings Cat,

I'm with you on that. I would hate to pour bleach into a well. We don't have a well. We use spring water.
:Joyce-M:
at Charisma, becoming
one of Earth's most beautiful spots.

Re: off grid water well purification

Water must be cared for, as water is actually liquid crystal that retains memory and even thoughtforms.
I recommend creating a waterfall system with a catch basin french drain that can run into a storage tank-
The storage tank being filled with activated charcoal that can be accessed easily to be replaced as needed.
This water filtration system can run inside a greenhouse to prevent freezing, and placed into a cistern for later use.
Just beware, you'll want to re-activate the water after stagnation using vortexing methods for best results.