Dreaming of my Kin's Domain!

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum today. My name is JoAnne and I live in Colorado. I first read the Ringing Cedars books back in 2013 and recently felt called to re-read them. Just this month alone I've re-read the first 4 books in rapid succession and am actually taking notes on them this time. This lead to looking online for other information and I found this forum. My husband and I currently rent a home but it is our dream to have our own land with lots of nature, grow food, and raise our children there. So, in essence, a Kin's Domain or Space of Love. I feel like this is going to come to pass very soon, we just have to decide where we want to live. I love Colorado because of the mountains and beautiful nature all around but I'm not sure if it's ideal for growing lots of food, particularly fruit, which is a dream of mine. But I'm becoming more and more aware of my own limiting thoughts and looking within to find the answers I know are there. Thank you to everyone who has shared on the forums, I'm so inspired by you all and can't wait to share more once we find our beloved space!

Re: Dreaming of my Kin's Domain!

Greetings JoAnne,

I have a Russian friend who lived in Russia when the books were first being published. He told me, "You haven't really understood the books until you've read them five times. He said that during the early days of the books they weren't available in book stores. People heard that they were available by word of mouth and then stood in long lines at a warehouse dock to buy one of the few available. Many people gathered 15-20 friends at one home and someone read the book aloud. When they heard that a new book would be available soon they met to collectively read the previous books so they would be fresh in mind.

My friend said that with each repeat reading everyone had a similar experience of hearing so many things they hadn't remembered, and gaining so much more comprehension of the knowledge. On his recommendation I began re-reading the books and have been astounded and how much "new" information I catch with each new reading. After five readings this was still the case so I've committed to re-read them until I can read them without finding new "never before noted" information in them. Like you, I took notes the second time then switched to collecting information for an index which I use a LOT!

Blessings,
:Joyce-M:
at Charisma, becoming
one of Earth's most beautiful spots.

Re: Dreaming of my Kin's Domain!

joanne wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:54 pm ...I love Colorado because of the mountains and beautiful nature all around but I'm not sure if it's ideal for growing lots of food, particularly fruit, which is a dream of mine. But I'm becoming more and more aware of my own limiting thoughts and looking within to find the answers I know are there.
Greetings JoAnne,

I've been creating my domain in south central Colorado for nearly 8 years. It's been slow figuring out the solutions to growing gardens without irrigation but we have made it happen. I've asked the Nature of my domain if my favorite trees and plants will grow and thrive here. The answer is nearly always yes. However, many times the answer is in this form; "Yes, but not yet. First, take notice of what grows nearby on the roadsides and in vacant fields voluntarily without added water. Plant A LOT of those. The trees will call for water and the ground plants will hold it and condition the soil. You'll notice change that signals a time to plant other varieties that need more shelter and water. Continue this cycle until your domain matches your dream."

We've been following this plan and have been surprised by how many varieties grow voluntarily and unattended nearby. We've even seen apples, apricots, and plums growing where the seeds have been tossed from passing cars or carried by animals. There are several varieties of berries that grow all over Colorado. And of course the local pinyon trees with their delicious and nutritious nuts. I've compared them side by side with the Russian Siberian "cedar" nuts (actually pine nuts) and I prefer our Colorado pinyons. Colorado's semi-arid and Rocky environment is slower going for creating a lush paradise garden but according to Nature and our experience it's very doable.

Plus there are bonuses here. To create a lush green kins domain here without city water or irrigation other than rain and greywater requires establishing a deep connection with Nature and a skill of listening to Nature's instruction and observing it's demonstrations. That requires being willing to let go of so many of the limitations and illusions that we've accepted from science, gardeners (even organics) and commercial farmers. It pushes us within, which is exactly where we need to dream and create anyway. I'm grateful that I've chosen this place to build my dream and restore a damaged overgrazed area to paradise garden function. I think maybe the only places on Earth that might not be suitable for building paradise garden lifestyles may be high mountains and ice areas. Even deserts have been shown to respond to Man's dream of creating lush green gardens but it's slow.

Blessings,
at Charisma, becoming
one of Earth's most beautiful spots.