Engaging with Water

BD6EEB4E F6E7 4E03 95D0 9C54A2B39FB5

Water is a natural focus for me but swimming is not actually a strong attribute for me. I’m a good swimmer but I’m not a strong or fast swimmer. I have not yet mastered driving a boat, but a long time I ago I got to pull up to beautiful ocean sandbars and with my wifi hot spot do my work for the day while my dogs ran the bar and played with the dolphins swimming around. I love a good kayak, canoe, paddle board or paddle boat trip.

An image of my future is sailing on and diving in the ocean. I love the island life!

But for now I engage with water especially in play and conversation, dipping myself in small bodies of it in the woods (be it cold or warm), oceans, rivers, creeks, swimming holes, underwater caves, hot, warm and cold springs, ponds, bathtubs, swales, right out of the hose in my yard…anywhere water can gather, if it calls to me, I’ll get in or at least splash and play. One of my nicknames is Elsa, I thought my mom made that name up, and then I saw frozen and felt super connected to the character, and this lead to my further embrace of ice, snow and the cold.

• A special love of mine are night-ocean-swims, most especially when the iridescent plankton are out. It’s like my own Las Vegas night act. The dolphin noises, the light show as I move my body through the water, the starry reflections, and my absolute favorite — the impending lightning storm (that’s right!) that will never actually make it over to me as it always seems to stay on the horizon.
  • I feel rapture at the thought of every chance to pay focus to water – the purer the better.

However, I have chosen to focus in a newer way this time. With sounds and finding and blessing even the little bits of contact I have with water including where I get mine from! I have been doing over an hour of meditation and breathing to the sounds of ice, and it’s been fabulous. 

This mountain spring was not far from a place I once called home. It was right next to a busy road but I chose to focus on how many people access this water rather than become engulfed in the saddens from what the highway noise may be doing to it.  Here are some pictures of my spring.

Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in Uncategorized

Related Articles

Responses

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *